Final preparations for this year’s May Fayre are almost complete, and we are looking forward to another great event at Swaines Green.
There’s just one thing we still need: more helpers on the day!
We never have enough people to help with all of the many tasks needed for staging this event, in particular:
- Setting up first thing in the morning – putting up stalls, setting up the arena, putting up notices and bunting, and so on!
- Greeting visitors and handing out programmes
- Helping to man (and woman!) some of our stalls
- Running errands during the day to deal with any unforeseen circumstance which crops up
- And helping to take everything down again and clear the site when the event closes.
Setting up starts from 07:00 and final site clearance is normally complete by around 18:30.
If you can spare anything from an hour to an afternoon, and would like to contribute to the success of the May Fayre, then please contact Jacqui Mortimer as soon as possible! Email to or via the contact form, and please include a contact phone number. And thank you very much.